[Gllug] Enterprise open source event, 05.10.09.

Andrew Back andrew at osmosoft.com
Sat Sep 26 11:41:35 UTC 2009

Hello,

Just thought I'd let people know there is an event happening on Monday 5th
October that might be of interest to those working to foster adoption of
F/OSS in medium to large size enterprises. This is not a technical
conference and will instead look at some of the perceived
obstacles/challenges you tend to find in larger companies, e.g. where people
ask things like:

- Where do I get support?
- What about warranties?
- What about indemnification against IPR infringement?
- How can I do governance and check what licences we have in use?

On the latter point there will be a demo of the free software licence
scanning tool FOSSology (http://fossology.org) and folks there from the
International Free and Open Source Software Law Review (http://ifosslr.org -
a Free Software Foundation Europe sponsored initiative).

More info and registration can be found at:

 http://btosaccelerate.eventbrite.com/

Cheers,

Andrew

--