[Gllug] The total cost of ownership to Ealing Council

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 1 09:07:18 UTC 2009

Chris Bell wrote:
> Hello,
>    Ealing council have put the direct plus indirect cost of a single virus
> attack to their IT system at 500,000. It was introduced via a memory stick
I bet most of that is in IT consultancy... I can't even see it being in
revenue loss because let's face it, what does the council ever do except
collect and redistribute tax money? It's not like they are an online
e-commerce site...

Do you know how they estimated this cost or how many systems were affected?

-h

--
Hari Sekhon
http://www.linkedin.com/in/harisekhon