[Gllug] spam filter

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Sun Sep 6 13:50:38 UTC 2009

Diana Scott wrote:
> I have been receiving a lots of spam from many senders using my email
> address. How can I filter out these spam messages which are using my
> email address without affecting my own email ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Diana

If it's people spoofing mail so it appears to be sent from your domain
you could look into using domain keys and ensure your spf record is
setup correctly. That might help reduce the volume as many servers will
check with your server first before accepting mail claiming to be from
your domain.

Roger.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk