[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Tue Sep 1 22:27:58 UTC 2009

On 01/09/2009 10:12, Hari Sekhon wrote:
> Peter Corlett wrote:
>
>> Good luck with that..
>>
> Perhaps there should be a rule that no jobs are allowed to be posted
> below the market rate of £<insert value>K per annum or £Y per hour etc
> so as to not risk offending the natives?

No.  Peter is well known for carping about what he perceives to be
uncompetitive salaries.

This really is very simple:  if you don't like the salary a job is
advertised then don't apply.  A company getting few or no applicants for
a role will be forced to revise their package.

The poster has complied with every requirement we have for job postings,
we should be thanking him for doing so.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk