[Gllug] [OT] Tru64

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Sep 7 09:55:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 10:05:29AM +0100, Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a client that requires some Tru64 expertise... while we can
> readily support AIX, Solaris, *BSD and Linux, apart from minimal
> contact with Digital Unix on Alphas we don't have anyone who can help
> us with this.

I don't know if it helps, but you can download AIX install CDs for
free if you want to play around with it and get some experience.

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/aix/v61/index.html

(I couldn't immediately find the download link but I have an AIX 6
OpenBeta demo DVD if you can't find it.)

I did have a look at it, and it looked pretty obscure to me.  I'm not
allowed to use that word "obscure" am I.  I'll say it's "different".

Note that AIX doesn't work under many virtualization systems.  It
didn't work under Xen or KVM last time I tried it.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat