[Gllug] dedicated freebsd server

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sun Sep 13 09:49:05 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 07:42:35AM +0100, Magnus Leuthner wrote:
> I'm looking to rent a dedicated FreeBSD server located somewhere in
> the UK (preferably, but hands-on is not necessary, so as long as it's
> good good connectivity from/to the UK, it's great). Does anyone know a
> good hosting provider they can recommend?
>
> It might be resources intensive in the future, so no sharing, jails or
> v-servers.

Bytemark say they will install FreeBSD for you:

http://www.bytemark.co.uk/support/technical_documents/os_support

If you get your own server and put it in a co-lo then you can install
whatever you want on it.  We have used Exonetric in the past and would
recommend them, although they are a very small operation.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat