[Gllug] NFS issue

Joel Bernstein joel at fysh.org
Mon Sep 7 11:00:48 UTC 2009

2009/9/7 dudes dudes <akam123 at hotmail.co.uk>:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm experiencing NFS issues, hoping someone give me some hints...
>
> I have an external USB drive which I format IT with ext3. The mounting point
> is /media/bk (This is on ubuntu). My /ext/exports file is
> /media    *(rw,no_root_squash)
>
> on the Centos client I tried to mount the remote /media directory.. (it
> worked fine ). However; when I "ls" /media/bk/ , I don't see any files (
> This is the mounted external USB drive).
>
> What have I done wrong ?

Assumed that exporting a directory also exports other filesystems
mounted therein.

> any thought will be appreciated..

Export /media with the 'crossmnt' option.
>From exports(5):
       crossmnt
              This option is similar to nohide but it makes it
possible for clients to move from the
              filesystem marked with crossmnt to exported filesystems
mounted on it.   Thus  when  a
              child  filesystem "B" is mounted on a parent "A",
setting crossmnt on "A" has the same
              effect as setting "nohide" on B.

HTH,
/joel