[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 1 10:16:24 UTC 2009

Alex Smith wrote:
> - Tethys wrote:
>
>> Certainly at the time I did mine, a degree in computer
>> science equipped you to deal with the world of IT far better than
>> learning on the job
>>

> Er.. what?

Yeah I should have called that too, well spotted Alex.

This is diametrically opposed to the majority of people I've spoken to
in the real world... but then Tet is obviously older than some of us and
from a time when probably only the top 5% of people went to uni rather
than every kid from the estate... and he does sort of have a slight
disclaimer there "Certainly at the time I did mine"... whereas now with
so many years/decades of "education, education, education" behind us it
does seem to have become a self serving business...

-h

--
Hari Sekhon
http://www.linkedin.com/in/harisekhon