[Gllug] Samba & MS Windows 7

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 11 15:36:33 UTC 2010

On 11 April 2010 14:59, Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org> wrote:

> Red Hat recently open sourced SPICE which is a previously-proprietary
> protocol for sending accelerated graphics, video, (limited) USB
> events, sound, and microphone over the network from VDI client
> desktops to virtual machines sitting on a server.
> (http://www.spice-space.org/)

In now way wishing to do Redhat down (honest) , I've had pretty good
experiences with Virtualbox.
AFAIK and AFAIR, it allows USB devices to conenct to the virtual machine.
Accelerated graphics I've had little success with - I'm using a SuSE
virtual machine on a windows XP host, to run a graphical application.
This particular application runs fine anyway on the default Virtualbox
graphics adapter.

Re. remote accelerated graphics, look at pcoip
http://www.teradici.com/
UK chap from Teradici has offered to give a talk at GLLUG.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk