[Gllug] Choosing a new motherboard

Phil Reynolds phil-gllug at tinsleyviaduct.com
Thu Apr 22 06:45:41 UTC 2010

The time has come for me to choose a new motherboard in order to
hopefully get rid of an annoying USB fault.

This will also involve a new processor, more than likely, and possibly
new memory too.

I'm looking for one with the following features that seem to be
lacking on my existing one:

A minimum of six SATA ports, of which it should be possible to boot
from at least five.

USB 2.0 that performs well. (USB 3 is OK, but not essential.)

If at all possible, powered eSATA.

I need to avoid on-board VGA. I am considering processor socket AM3.

If any of you have any suggestions, I will investigate them.

Thanks in advance...

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: phil-gllug at tinsleyviaduct.com
Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
Waltham 66, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk