[Gllug] korgac problem

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Tue Apr 20 11:22:38 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I know this is a fairly specific problem, but my google has failed to come up
with anything relevant ...

I've just started using KDE4.3 (having been using 3.5) and have come across a
very annoying problem with the korgac reminder applet. Basically, when the
daemon is running the machine becomes highly unresponsive - switching windows
takes 3 to 5 seconds; it takes up to 30 seconds to respond to a hotkey
shortcut; programs take a minimum of 20 seconds to load. When the daemon is
not running, window switching and hotkey response is "instant" and programs
take a maximum of 5 seconds to load.

At the moment, I have disabled korgac - but this is not a long term solution.
Has anyone else come across this behaviour? Any suggestions as to where I
might investigate either on my system or in other resources?

Thanks

Dylan
--
“ ‘... but there is so much else behind what I say. It makes itself known to
me so slowly, so incompletely! ...’ ”
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk