[Gllug] bash-tips, learning styles and lofty pursuits

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Tue Apr 20 12:57:55 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 12:45:50PM +0100, general_email wrote:

> If one wanted to be REALLY pedantic pedantry DOES enable one to insist
> anything one likes irrespective of it's actual correctness ;)

That depends on which definition of pedant you choose.  I think both NIX
and DD were using the term in the "rules lawyer" sense, in which case
you are wrong; that kind of pedant can only insist on things that are
defined in an existing ruleset.  Humans being what they are, there's
certainly a very large pool of available rulesets, but it's not
infinite.

Pedantic enough for you?

--
Bruce

I see a mouse.  Where?  There, on the stair.  And its clumsy wooden
footwear makes it easy to trap and kill.  -- Harry Hill