[Gllug] Open Source Hardware - event & list.

Andrew Back andrew at osmosoft.com
Tue Apr 6 09:35:12 UTC 2010

Hello,

In slightly tangential but not completely OT news, a few of us are starting
up a group we hope will be seen as complementing the LUG - an Open Source
Hardware Users Group. We're all based in and around London thus far, but not
aiming to focus on any one geographic area at this point. A fledgling
website with links to the lists :

http://oshug.org

We're also organising a meeting on Thursday 29th April, and are pretty
excited at having confirmed David May, CTO of XMOS [1], as a speaker. A name
some of the older list members (and younger ones with an interest in
microprocessor architecture or parallel computing) might recognise as the
architect of the transputer [2] and author of the concurrent programming
language, occam. Registration for the event is required:

http://oshugxmos.eventbrite.com/

Suggestions of speakers for future events and offers of help in organising
etc are most welcome, and should be directed to oshug at oshug.org (sign-up
required to post).

Cheers,

Andrew