[Gllug] Extract the data from a MySQL database's *files*?

Dan Kolb gllug at eco.li
Thu Apr 1 14:40:33 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 03:26:36PM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
> Yup, the /var filesystem is fine, it just cannot be booted because
> there is no operating system.
>
> So I have the /var/... mysql files, including a Wordpress database,
> and I just want to extract that to another MySQL instance.

If you don't have any existing databases in your new MySQL setup, then just
copy the old /var/db/mysql (or wherever your databases are) into the new
system. And it should all just work. I've certainly done it when moving from an
old system to a new system (same version of mysql, though, I think).

Dan

--
You know you're a little fat if you have stretch marks on your car.
		-- Cyrus, Chicago Reader 1/22/82
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk