[Gllug] Open Source Hardware User Group meeting on Thursday.

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Wed Apr 28 00:20:27 UTC 2010

Dan Kolb wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 02:12:58PM +0100, general_email at technicalbloke.com wrote:
>
>> Actually there isn't if you are browsing with Javascript disabled - does
>> anyone browse with it enabled by default these days!?
>>

> About 99.9% of people on the internet?
>
> Dan

But I'll wager considerably less on this list no? I'm surprised if not,
seeing as pretty much every security exploit out there leverages either
Javascript, Japa applets or Flash. I'd assume those here are fairly well
informed people who's skin would crawl at the thought of
indiscriminately running any old 3rd party code your browser stumbles
across.

BTW, I'm not advocating ditching Firefox for Lynx, just NoScript, or at
least AdBlock!

Roger.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk