[Gllug] Unsubscribing and why

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Aug 26 09:08:27 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, 24 Aug 2010, Steve Parker wrote:
>When strong (and totally unrelated) political opinions are associated
>with something labelled as a Linux channel, then as a Linux professional
>I do feel that it is appropriate for me to to speak out. This kind of
>thing actually can hurt Linux,

It's not the responsibility of a bunch of odious idiots on IRC to keep
your job prospects up.

Sure, the IRCers should remember that the Daily Mail should only be
read by highly trained individuals who won't be affected by it, but
the idea that every nominally Linux-related IRC channel must present a
glorious public image for the sake of those of us who happen to work
in the field is fatuous.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Kill the tomato!
Today is First Thursday, August.