[Gllug] Perl ack search not as expected

gvim gvimrc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 22:09:17 UTC 2010

On 13/08/2010 18:55, David Damerell wrote:
> On Friday, 13 Aug 2010, gvim wrote:
>> ... which seemed to bag all the miscreants about a month ago but now
>> there are new characters slipping through the net, eg.
>
> I wonder if it would be easier to construct a list of the desired
> characters and search for filenames containing any character that is
> not on that list?

The search string in my message was built up character by character as I discovered more of these beasts creeping into filenames. No idea how they go there. Although the iMac users are pretty clumsy when it comes to filenames they didn't go so far as to insert these oddities.

It seems now that there are other characters which do not appear in a terminal session, eg. listing via ls -l but which show up when the results from the search are copied into a text file. Why might that be?

gvim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk