[Gllug] Printer recommendations

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri Aug 20 17:07:16 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 05:59:49PM +0100, Dylan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking recommendations for a new printer/scanner. Does anyone have any
> advice or opinions to help me narrow the field? I'd be looking for a unit with
> separate cartridges for each colour and one which will be reatively
> straightforward to get set up with CUPS / sane ...
>
> Any comments gratefully received

I have a Brother MFC-5460CN - that is an inkjet that also scans, photocopies & will fax.
It has 4 cartridges (black + 3 colours). Usual ruinous prices on the cartrdiges, but
I have recently found that I can get a complete set for a tenner from:
	http://www.inkpower.co.uk/
No, not listed on their web site - you have to phone/email -- they are quite friendly/efficient.

Connected via USB, no problem with CUPS or Sane (I am running CentOS 5.4).

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk