[Gllug] Ropey GPS software.

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Thu Aug 5 21:56:08 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to install the data cable driver for my GPS logger. Needless
to say the extremely shonky windows utility crashes every time so
getting it running on Ubuntu is my only hope of retrieving over 2 months
of my GPS data from my friends travels round South America! The software
(link below) can theoretically make an RPM and, correct me if I'm wrong,
it's possible to convert an RPM to a .DEB file right?

http://www.holux.com/JCore/en/support/DLF.jsp?DLU=9050478.zip

Still, I can't even get that far, I've installed RPM from the Ubuntu
repos and followed the install instructions to the letter (I think) yet
the make process dies in a sea of errors - too many to list here so I've
uploaded them at the following URL...

http://www.technicalbloke.com/errors.txt

Anyone got any ideas? Might it have unsatisfied dependencies? If so
what? I've done a fair bit of coding before but using dynamic languages
exclusively so this "make" stuff is all new to me!

Regards,

Roger.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk