[Gllug] entropykey: why did nobody ever mention this thing before?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Aug 2 19:56:13 UTC 2010

On 2 Aug 2010, Richard Jones spake thusly:

> On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 10:32:19AM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
>> However I'm suspicious that the numbers are really going to be random.
>
> By "really", I mean "in a way that would convince physicists and
> philosophers", not would pass a chi-square test.

Conveniently there are better tests for randomness than that, which
aren't terribly expensive and lead to reasonably good randomness.
Convincing physicists is difficult enough if your source is non-
quantum. Convincing philosophers is probably impossible ;)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk