[Gllug] Black screen, maybe a KDE fault, maybe X

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 30 22:20:22 UTC 2010

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 17:09:12 +0100 John G Walker
<johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm always a little bit wary of things that mysteriously go right, but
> I think I'm going to have be trusting on this occasion.

I was right to be wary. The exact same thing has happened again, but
this time the "fix" didn't work.

I'm back to where I was at the start. I've got a black screen and I can
only access my email client and anything it starts. One difference: I
now have the buttons at the top and can move the windows. That's a bit
of a help, though not much of one.

More ideas would be helpful. I think I'm going to bed though,

--
 All the best,
 John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk