[Gllug] Gllug Digest, Vol 86, Issue 15

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Fri Aug 13 03:13:23 UTC 2010

On 11/08/10 16:13, gazz wrote:
> Inclined to agree with Gordo - I vaguely remember similar
> prognostications about Firefox -- once it became popular it would become
> a target, but it hit 30% market share without the prophesy being
> fulfilled -- probably partly better design but also rapid upgrade
> cycle.
>
> Paula

Firefox is SOOOO a target these days and they find showstopper bugs in
it on a fairly regular basis. I still use it and recommend it but only
because they roll out their fixes immediately (unlike another company I
could mention who thinks monthly is good enough!), not because it's
fantastically coded or because it's so obscure as to be off the malware
radar, it's really not and neither are Chrome and Safari.

Roger.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk