[Gllug] Black screen, probably a KDE fault.

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 16:56:08 UTC 2010

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 17:47:01 +0100 John Edwards
<john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk> wrote:

> That sounds like your filesystem is full or corrupt. Running 'df -h'
> and 'df -i' will tell you the space and inodes available.

df -h rtells me that /dev/sda2 is 100% used.
df -i tells me the inodes for that partition are only 15% full.

I've forgotten what I've got in /dev/sda2, but how do I find that out?

I think it may be a corrupt file system, since I attempted the
suggestion of creating a new user and logging on. It refused to do
this, telling me that /tmp was full. This is highly unlikely,
since /tmp is assigned to a temporary file system.

I have the installation disk for this OS, which I hope will let me do
a fsck. Could you walk me through what I should do?

--
 All the best,
 John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk