[Gllug] Iphone tethering ( was netbook)

pavithran pavithran.s at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 13:38:20 UTC 2010

On 20 August 2010 19:02, Jason Clifford <jason at ukfsn.org> wrote:
> I gave up on wanting built in 3g on a laptop. I now use my HTC Hero via
> USB as my laptop's internet interface. It works really well as the
> signal on the phone is generally very good and USB just works while also
> recharging the phone at the same time.
On a related note, I would like to use 3G from Iphone during travel as
internet source for my netbook .

Can I use Iphone to tether with a GNU/Linux netbook ?   I was told
that tethering with USB cable only works on mac or win* . I tried wifi
tethering but somehow the app never worked ! :(

Any ideas ?

Regards,
Pavithran

--