[Gllug] (OT) Demonic dropping out

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sun Aug 1 23:25:54 UTC 2010

On 26 Jul 2010, Gordon Joly verbalised:

> On 24/07/2010 17:28, Don Williams wrote:
>> Does anyone have any relevant advice or helpful comment for this old
>> fart?
>>
> Bail out. I did about six months ago.
>
> DNS failure, connection failure, POP failure... the list was endless.

They've been like this since, well, since at least 1996. They had an
excuse in the early days, when ISPing was new, but it started getting
really bad around 2001 and, as far as I can tell, never improved (but
I left in '03 so maybe it got better after that, ha ha fat chance).

Routing failures, authentication failures, billing failures, packet loss
like confetti, a day didn't pass without some part of their
infrastructure that you relied upon falling over.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk