[Gllug] Do many people use their own local repos/mirrors

James Hawtin oolon at ankh.org
Tue Aug 31 16:20:16 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 09:15:15AM +0100, Aaron Trevena wrote:
> That seems pretty common. I thought the management of which packages
> would be the main reason for people do it, but most responses have
> been about mirroring for faster/cheaper download.

I also keep a respository of the updates and the install rpms as you and
then you can go to the next step of bootp/kickstart installation that
way you never need the install disks again.

I don't have a repos for my rpms, I run a post install script that does
other things as well. It NFS mounts the build area and installs the rpms
needed. That way my post install does things like setup tmpfs for /tmp.

I guess I should setup a new repos for my stuff never quite had the
motivation to do it.

James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk