[Gllug] Mechanical Alignment

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Mon Aug 23 20:42:17 UTC 2010

Hello,
   I am looking for a way to remove and accurately replace components on a
circuit board. The maximum component size expected will be around 50mm
square, the current maximum is about 40mm square. I am considering saving a
high definition snapshot to a computer from a fixed lens macro camera
positioned above, then invert the image, and add the inverted snapshot to a
live image from the same setup. Any change of position would be shown on
screen as edges, and the replacement component could be manouvered for
minimum edges. The lens does not need to be wide angle, and best accuracy
could be obtained using a relatively narrow lens as long as the camera
mounting is rigid. Does anyone know of a package that can do something
similar already? Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk