[Gllug] PAYG mobile broadband

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Sun Dec 19 11:41:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Dec/19/2010, Steve Parker wrote:
> On 19/12/10 00:50, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Dec/15/2010, Steve Parker wrote:
> >
> >> I have been using a 3 dongle for the past 18 months; £15/month with a
> >> 5Gb cap. Works fine here in Holborn, and almost everywhere I've tried
> >> it.
> >>
> > I used a 3 SIM card in a phone connected via Bluetooth to my laptop
> > during aprox. 3 weeks (while I waiting for the installation of Virgin
> > Media).
> >
> > One problem that I had: 3 was redirecting me to a 3 webpage selling
> > their adult content if the webpage theoretically had adult content
> >
> Never had that problem myself, though I don't frequently visit sites
> flagged as dodgy (Vodafone mark sniffpetrol.com as bad, which I don't
> agree with - they often use bad language, but it's basically funny stuff
> about cars)

to complete my previous information:
Talk Mobile was restricting the access to a web page that had
information about a fire works event. I didn't try to unblock it since I
was moving from Talk Mobile

T-Mobile: by default is blocked for certain language/places, but
visiting a shop they unblocked everything.

--
Carles Pina i Estany
	http://pinux.info
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk