[Gllug] Searching text in wikis

Andrew Back andrew at osmosoft.com
Fri Dec 3 09:18:05 UTC 2010

On (09:08 03/12/10), john maclean wrote:
> Is there any wiki software that allows users to search for strings in
> the body of the wiki entries rather than the title? It's extremely
> annoying to have to know the title of wiki entries in advance of
> searches. "Um, what was that page called.. "

http://tiddlywiki.com

And if you need a nice RESTful server-side for it:

http://tiddlyweb.com/

Searching is pretty fast since TiddlyWiki is a client-side application and
all the data is in the browser (though I think with TiddlyWeb you might now
also be able to have "lazy loading" of some server-side data).

Regards,

Andrew

--
Andrew Back