[Gllug] rssh with public key authentication?

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Dec 8 08:52:36 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, 8 Dec 2010, John Edwards wrote:
>On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 05:37:30PM +0000, gvim wrote:
>>Has anyone managed to get rssh working with public key
>>authentication? Can't find much on Google.
>Use the verbose flag on the ssh client to show info on what is
>going on and where things are failing, eg:
>	rsync -va -e 'ssh -v' /dir/file remote-server:/dir/file

Also, if you can, you can shut down sshd at the remote end and run an
sshd -d to watch your connection come in. This is a surefire way to
pick up on authentication problems but often not very feasible since
other people use the remote machine.

The usual problem I expect is this;
A is to ssh to B, but B doesn't know A's key fingerprint.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Clown shoes. I hope that doesn't bother you.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk