[Gllug] Another crap but very cheap tablet

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Sun Dec 19 15:07:25 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 02:56:37PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> I've not found a UK supplier, but in the US it can be had for $99:
>
> http://hothardware.com/Reviews/Maylongs-99-M150-Tablet-Reviewed/
>
> I know from the reviews that this is going to be crap, but if it's
> hackable then it has a very practical purpose.  I can build one into
> my kitchen cabinet so I can follow recipes from the web while I'm
> cooking :-)  The low price makes this ideal, while the fact that it's
> slow as molasses and the touchscreen doesn't work very well won't be a
> problem.
>
> Anyone tried one of these?

No, but I have tried the Scroll Tablet:
	http://www.ebuyer.com/product/248896

For 140 GBP it's OK. Runs Android 2.1 and support USB and Micro-SD
cards (which the manual and hardware call a TF card). Processor is
speedy enough to handle complex PDF files, which is want I got it
for. I haven't tried HDMI or playing any videos on it.

The surface does look like it scratch easily, so that might be a
common problem with these cheap tablets. You also have to push a
little harder than most touch screens.