[Gllug] WikiLeaks: Stop the crackdown - incredible response!

Robert McKay robert at mckay.com
Fri Dec 10 16:29:49 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Walter Stanish <
walter.stanish at saffrondigital.com> wrote:

> >> Of course [snipped]
> >
> > No need to go further.
>
> Well, consider if it may be possible to construct a Wikileaks-like
> system that does not suffer from the requirement for manual
> intervention?

Then you'd see google search optimization style attacks to game whichever
selection algorythm was used. The government would devote the most manpower
to developing such tactics. Such a technique is a recurring theme in the
popular anime series "ghost in the shell".. the security services will in
addition to imposing news blackouts; flood the net with decoy keywords to
confuse and dilute whatever issue they are trying to suppress.

> Basically, whilst publishing is technically possible, getting media
> attention and masterfully co-opting large and established distribution
> networks for your leaks is not possible without human involvement.

And powerful interests with the biggest secrets will always make sure that
their people occupy the key positions.

Rob