[Gllug] PAYG mobile broadband

Christof Meerwald cmeerw at cmeerw.org
Wed Dec 15 21:39:40 UTC 2010

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 16:05:27 +0000, Tristan Miller wrote:
> We're moving house next week, and unfortunately Internet won't be installed=
>=20
> for another month.  (The new house doesn't have a phone line and the=20
> earliest appointment they have to send an engineer over is mid-January.) =20
> Until then I thought we could get a pay-as-you-go mobile broadband service.=

Maybe a 1-month Three mobile broadband contract for £ 15.99/month (5
GB/month)? Or maybe a 1-month iPad data plan for £ 15/month (10
GB/month) if you can get a dongle and micro-SIM adapter separately.

Alternatively, an old 3Pay PAYG SIM would give you 2 GB with a £ 5
add-on per month.

BTW, a Huawei E1750 is working fine for me under Ubuntu 10.10 (ZTE MF
627 is also working).

Christof

http://cmeerw.org                              sip:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
mailto:cmeerw at cmeerw.org                   xmpp:cmeerw at cmeerw.org