[Gllug] MIT: Parallel programming course

David L Neil GLLUG at GetAroundToIt.co.uk
Fri Dec 31 04:20:45 UTC 2010

The following (free and open) graduate-level course may be of interest
to some of our members - judging from conversations here (whizzing-by,
so far over my head that they don't even disturb the parting):-

12.950 Parallel Programming for Multicore Machines Using OpenMP and MPI

Course Description

This course introduces fundamentals of shared and distributed memory
programming, teaches you how to code using openMP and MPI respectively,
and provides hands-on experience of parallel computing geared towards
numerical applications.

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/earth-atmospheric-and-planetary-sciences/12-950-parallel-programming-for-multicore-machines-using-openmp-and-mpi-january-iap-2010/

NB the January IAP is like a summer school but held during the winter.
NBB American accent optional!

--
Regards,
=dn