[Gllug] Computer won't turn on

Sanatan Rai sanatan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 12:27:27 UTC 2010

On 2 December 2010 11:50, david at gbenet.com <david at gbenet.com> wrote:
> Well you want to sniff - breath in in the area of the power supply to
> the unit. It could be that you experienced a power surge. If you keep
> turning it on and off you will fry your motherboard.
>
> To test - dismantle and put each component into a new box and test.
>
> And next time get surge protection.

I do indeed have surge protection: it is connected to a UPS.

I shall do the sniff test tonight.

It was turning on just a few minutes prior. The kernel
apparently died overnight (that's for another thread).
So I rebooted and got the can't find image for resume
problem. So I was trying to reboot in single user
mode when this happened.

--Sanatan

--
Sanatan Rai