[Gllug] nslookup resolves but not ping or http

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 17:22:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Jason Clifford <jason at ukfsn.org> wrote:

> I'm considering setting up a mirror but I am concerned about the
> possibility that hosting a mirror may result in attempts to have it
> disconnected so I'm wary of doing so on any of the existing UKFSN
> servers.

Yep. I was initially wary, so I cleared it with my girlfriend first
because her business web site is hosted on the same server I'm
planning to use. I hadn't thought about using my bytemark server as
well, but I guess I could do that too. It seems a bit rude, though,
doing it on someone else's machine. Bytemark are a cool company, and I
don't want to bring them hassle. My own servers are a different
matter, though.

Tet

--
"Any sufficiently advanced financial instrument is indistinguishable from fraud"
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk