[Gllug] OT: Email disclaimers (was: WikiLeaks: Stop the crackdown - incredible response!)

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Sun Dec 12 11:47:52 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 02:26:15PM +0000, John G Walker wrote:

> This is in line with an  email I received when I edited an academic
> newsletter. This contained, amongst other things, notices of
> conferences and seminars, calls for papers and the suchlike. On one
> occasion I received a notice of a conference, for inclusion in
> the newsletter, with a disclaimer notice stating that the information
> in the email was confidential. Just for a lark I sent a reply querying
> this, asking whether the notice should be published or not,

I have done the same, usually to be me with the email equivalent of a
blank stare, then on my explaining (more emails), and then ''oh, that
goes on the bottom of all email, you can ignore that bit of it''.
I then asked which other bits I could ignore, and did not get a reply.

Muppets!

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/