[Gllug] nslookup resolves but not ping or http

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Mon Dec 13 12:48:40 UTC 2010

On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 13:03:58 +0000, gvim <gvimrc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've had to take it down.

Having wondered what could be best done to preserve our freedom on the
net, I've decided that adding another mirror to the few thousand doesn't
make much odds, whereas making TOR more robust, not only helps with the
current furor, by ensuring that this stays accessible:

  http://sx3jvhfgzhw44p3x.onion/

but also helps preserve freedom for all in the longer term, hence:

  http://tor-exit-readme.hands.com/

Which I set up by followed all the steps suggested here:

  https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tips-running-exit-node-minimal-harassment

Another option that I considered was running a permanent freenet node,
but the packaging for Debian isn't quite there at the moment, and I've
not got time to keep abreast of security updates -- maybe once its
packaged properly.

I encourage all and sundry to do likewise.

Cheers, Phil.