[Gllug] PAYG mobile broadband

Tristan Miller psychonaut at nothingisreal.com
Wed Dec 15 16:05:27 UTC 2010

Dear all,

We're moving house next week, and unfortunately Internet won't be installed
for another month.  (The new house doesn't have a phone line and the
earliest appointment they have to send an engineer over is mid-January.)
Until then I thought we could get a pay-as-you-go mobile broadband service.
I did some web searches to see what providers' USB modems are compatible
with Linux, but it seems most of the information is from 2008, which is
probably out of date.

Can anyone here recommend a specific PAYG package (modem + service) which

a) is available in London,

b) is not too expensive (say, 35 GBP or less for the month), and

c) will work with KDE on openSUSE 11.3 on my x86-64 notebook?

Regards,
Tristan

--
   _
  _V.-o         Tristan Miller          ><  Space is limited