[Gllug] PAYG mobile broadband

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Sun Dec 19 00:50:29 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Dec/15/2010, Steve Parker wrote:
> I have been using a 3 dongle for the past 18 months; £15/month with a
> 5Gb cap. Works fine here in Holborn, and almost everywhere I've tried
> it.

I used a 3 SIM card in a phone connected via Bluetooth to my laptop
during aprox. 3 weeks (while I waiting for the installation of Virgin
Media).

One problem that I had: 3 was redirecting me to a 3 webpage selling
their adult content if the webpage theoretically had adult content
(even some news webpage could be redirected, this is how I detected the
problem on first place).

Talking with the customer service: they could allow me to buy their
adult content, but they was not allowing me to access the original
webpage (that could be adult content or just detected as adult content).

I didn't want to buy their adult content, I just wanted to access the
webpage. At least this is what I was being told, I didn't test because
they needed a British credit card and I only have a British debit card
(or visit the shop).

I guess that I had bad luck. I didn't check if liboobs package was
detected as adult content or not :-) (
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/liboobs-1-4 )

After that I was using ssh + socks to browse.

--
Carles Pina i Estany
	http://pinux.info
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk