[Gllug] Linux weather station!

Chris Bell chrisbell at 3966.ukfsn.org
Sat Feb 20 12:41:11 UTC 2010

On Fri 19 Feb, Benjamin Donnachie wrote:

> However, as much as I like attempting to build electronic circuits, I
> seem to possess a massive static charge and can kill an IC from the
> other side of the room even while wearing an earth strap.

   The usual problems are due to wearing the wrong clothing materials and
walking on the wrong type of carpets. I wore cotton-rich clothes, avoided
contact between my clothing and the electronics, and avoided moving around
on man-made carpet materials that had not been treated with anti-static
spray (I used to wear a tie, but tucked it inside my shirt while working on
electronics).

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk