[Gllug] MySpace music

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Wed Feb 10 22:19:24 UTC 2010

I don't like MySpace. However, for the genre of music that I most
listen to (and probably other genres that I don't care about), a
large number of bands publish samples of the their music on their
MySpace page, and I'd like to be able to listen to them. Any ideas
on how I can achieve this using Linux?

Neither gnash or swfdec work. Even the Adobe Flash plugin results
in a plain black box where the music player should be. I've tried
both 10.0r32, and the latest beta version, 10.1d51, and I see the
same problem on both 32-bit and 64-bit distributions. Can it really
be that a site as large and popular as MySpace simply doesn't work
under Linux? I'm using various 3.x versions of Firefox (on the
machine on which I'm typing this, I'm using 32-bit 3.5.5). I'm on
Fedora 11 and 12.

TIA,

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk