[Gllug] ICE Cube containerised data centre

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Wed Feb 24 14:36:28 UTC 2010

On 24/2/10 10:42, Peter Cannon wrote:
> John Hearns wrote:
>
>> I should be having a look inside this afternoon. Hopefully they won't
>> lock the door behind me.
>
> Photo's would be nice for all those members who actually live at the other end of
> the country :-)

I missed it, must be pretty small or hidden somewhere I didn't go.

I'd forgotten how claustrophobic the Barbican Exhibution Centre is. An
interesting mix of vendors though, from people selling bits for data
centres to people like Interxion and Blue Square trying to convince
people not to build datacentres but use theirs.

The rack mounted heaters^Wthermal test load generators were fun :-)

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk