[Gllug] printer shops

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Thu Jan 7 07:16:03 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 01:22:15AM +0000, JLMS wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Christopher Hunter <cehunter at gb-x.org>wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 14:36 +0000, JLMS wrote:
> > >

> > > On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Martin <mherda at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >         On 01/06/2010 02:01 AM, JLMS wrote:
> > >         >
> > >         >
> > >         > Amazon says they have it (but they say delivery time is 1-3
> > >         > months :-) )
> > >         >
> > >         >
> > >         ... which means that they don't have it:)
> > >

> > > Buy it from the US, they seem to have plenty there (directly from HP's
> > > website...)
> >
> > Before you do, make sure that its power supply is a "universal" type
> > that will handle any mains voltage fed to it.  Most modern Switched-Mode
> > PSUs are designed to handle whatever voltage is fed to them (I have a
> > PSU here that accepts any voltage from 12V to 260V AC or DC), but some
> > manufacturers cut corners and supply single voltage PSUs.  A 240 - 110V
> > transformer can be expensive!
> >

> Having bought electronics stuff in several different countries (in 4
> continents) I personally can't remember the last time I bought an
> electronics device that accepted only one voltage. Are there still any like
> those out there?

Yeah, in America there are tonnes of them. Things I had in the US that
were 110v only included LCD TV, inkjet printer, ADSL modem, multiple USB
disks, and much more :-(  This is despite the fact that the identical
models sold in Europe came with 110-240v supplies in most cases

Daniel
--
|: http://berrange.com/     -o-    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange/ :|
|: http://freshmeat.net/~danielpb/    -o-   http://gtk-vnc.sourceforge.net :|