[Gllug] Installing to an ASUS EeePC 901

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Wed Jan 13 22:37:45 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-13 at 18:21 +0000, Rob Crowther wrote:
> pmgazz wrote:
> > Any recent version of Ubuntu Desktop has a USB creator.
> >

> Note that the Fedora version of the USB creator doesn't work (didn't
> work for me, anyhow) with the Ubuntu Netbook Remix ISO.
>
> I found the Moblin image writer[1] worked fine on Fedora.  Currently I'm
> deciding which one to install on my Aspire One :)
>
> Rob
>
> [1]
> http://moblin.org/documentation/test-drive-moblin/using-moblin-live-image

My recommendation would definately be Ubuntu - it "Just Works" on an
Aspire One (I have three of them - one for me, one for my wife, and one
for my nephew).  We're all running Ubuntu - it's flawless.

As an aside - I tried Fedora 11 on an Aspire One, and it worked, but was
a hassle to get set up properly.  Ubuntu's just much easier!

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk