[Gllug] Multi monitor setup

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 12:25:57 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 6:17 AM, Paul Rayner
<paul.rayner at eventrade.co.uk> wrote:

> xrandr --output VGA-0 --right-of DVI-0 --output DVI-0

Agreed. I was unable to concoct an xorg.conf that did the right
thing[1], so now I just arrange my screens with xrandr from
~/.Xclients on startup. I still can't get my third screen running at
all, though :-(

Tet

[1] Is it just me, or is X quite broken now? It used to be very
straightforward to do multi-monitor setups in xorg.conf/XF86Config,
but now it seems that half of the things I try just don't work, and
nor do they log anything to explain *why* they didn't work :-(

--
“It seems intuitively obvious to me, which means that it might be
wrong.” -- Chris Torek
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk