[Gllug] UK VoIP number

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jan 6 17:03:30 UTC 2010

On 06/01/10 12:26, Karel Kudlacek wrote:
>  Yes, I would like to use the number for incoming as well as outgoing calls.
> Gradwell looks interesting, thanks. I will try it out.
> How is the quality of sipgate.co.uk <http://sipgate.co.uk> ? Is it
> reliable? Its free, after all.

sipgate is actually based out of Germany - and I have, in the past, had
issues with getting through to someone on their side who spoke English.
Apart from that, I've been using their setup for a few years and been
mostly decent.

Ah another issue is that if you intend to travel to south america (
Brazil ) or some parts of Asia ( eg. India ) expect to hit latency
issues. They dont peer around too much and seem to mostly be focused at
people who dont move out of Europe much. From most of the US ( Texas,
NewYork and SanDiego atleast ) they are fine, as is the case from Australia.

--
Karanbir Singh
kbsingh at karan.org | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk