[Gllug] local backup solution

Martin mherda at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 23:41:28 UTC 2010

Hi all,
I'm looking for a local backup solution. Every week there will be some
new or modified files. I think it would be reasonable to apply
incremental backup every Friday and a full backup at the end of the
month. Does it sound right to you? I don't think the amount of data will
be very high. I'm guessing around 50MB per week.
At the moment it'll only be a local backup on a CD. We don't have any
server yet. We're thinking of automatically creating tar.gz/bz2 packages
at the end of the week and burning them on CDs (also automatically -
cdrecord?). Obviously, a CD would have to be put into a drive manually.

Any ideas or other solutions?

TIA
regards
martin