[Gllug] Installing to an ASUS EeePC 901

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Tue Jan 12 22:56:37 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:11:41PM +0000, Dylan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have an ASUS EeePC 901 which currently has Winsows XP on it, and it's about
> time that changed to some flavour of Linux - Does anyone have any experience
> or ponters which might be useful in this enterprise?

I installed Ubuntu on mine about 6 months ago. Works well, I got a USB CD reader
and booted it off that.

Because the screen is so small you need to change the window settings to
allow them to be moved with the tool bar off the top of the screen and
things like that. The tool to do that is compiz (or something similar).

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk