[Gllug] Body lotion

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Jul 21 23:24:12 UTC 2010

On 21 Jul 2010, John Hearns said:

> I've been thinking about this all day - surely for domestic products
> toothpaste would be a closer match to thermal compound?
> Haven't Googled for the thermal conductivity of toothpaste yet though.
>
> Quick google: http://www.dansdata.com/goop.htm
>
> Wow - I was right. Toothpaste is a good thermal compound.

ITYM 'water is a good thermal compound'. (Probably mostly for the same
reason: high shc and evaporative cooling. OK, so the latter makes both
toothpaste and water a really bad thermal compound, but they're good at
*heat transfer*.)

The adverts for Arctic at the end of said article are quite amusing,
given how much time the article devotes to pointing out that Vegemite
does a better job. ;)

(Quick hint: as any geologist would tell you, don't try using solid
rock. It sucks quite badly at this.)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk